[-THE.chatter*--]
Monday, May 24, 2004
Confirmation Day...

Hi Diary! I got Confirmed today! No more Sunday classes 4 me! Kind of sad...I won't be seeing my friends 4 a long time (sob!). I woke up at 9 am 2day and started getting ready. I made my hair first and then I went to eat. After that, I changed to my white clothings. Yar, I managed to find a blouse. It was from the This Fashion Depatmental Store in Orchard. Quite cheap. Only $17. But since I got the This card, I paid only $15.30. It is very nice. I was kind of late as it was already 10.50 am. I was supposed to be in my classroom by 11.30 am, and I haven't even put on my make-up and contacts. I just hastily put on a bit of powder and lip-gloss and took quite a while to get my contacts in. It was 11.05 by then. My mum was still not ready so I had to wait for her. By then, it was already 11.10. Luckily, my dad was already downstairs. I went to buy a roll of film and quickly climbed into the vehicle. We sped off at 11.15. By then, I was terribly late. I managed to get there late by a few minutes. Phew. Some of them were still not there. The teacher took attendence and did some admin stuff and we were off to the hall. We took photos there and after that, we went to the church. We were to walk in by the front door. The church was packed! All eyes were on us when we walked in like angels. Kind of scary. I was wearing heels and was so afraid that I would fall. But luckily, I didn't. I saw my godma and godsis standing next to the reserved seats with many other god parents. I sat on one of the reserved seats and my godma sat behind me, which was what every godparents had to do. Mass then begin and I saw the Archbishop. He is middle-aged and was wearing red and carrying a golden stuff. Soon, the rites begin and every one who was to be confirmed had to go up to the priest to be sealed with the holy spirit. Very soon, it was my turn. I was so nervous. I walked up to the Bishop with my godma behind me. He said, "Clare, be sealed with the Holy Spirit." and used some sweet-smelling stuff and made a cross on my forehead. I answered, "Amen". Then he said, "Peace be with you." and I replied," And also with you". Then I went back to my seat. After that, mass continued.
After mass, my godma left after giving me an ang pow, which I found out much later that it contained $50. I couldn't find my family so I smsed my sis. My friend was with me and she was calling her mum. While waiting, our teacher gave us a water bottle (those sold in Mini-toons) each. The water bottles were souveniers and they have the church's logo on it. Quite cool. My sis then replied and I was told to go outside the church where they were at. My friend and I agreed to meet outside the hall where we were supposed to have lunch with the Archbishop, with others who have also paid $10 to have lunch there. I went out and saw my family members chatting with my godma and her daughters. O well. After that, we took pictures. Then my family members went shopping nearby while I went to have lunch with the Archbishop. I went to the hall but I couldn't find my friend as it was so crowded. I smsed her but didn't get any reply. Later, I found out that she had been seating in front of where I had been standing for the past five minutes. So blur! Lunch then started. I didn't c the Archbisop anywhere at all. He didn't even appear throughout the whole lunch. Chey. I thought he could bless me for my "O"s. After eating, I went to take photos. O well. After that, I bid my friend farewell and we will not see each other again until the 4th of July ( America's Independence Day) with the rest of the class, to collect our photos and our certs. When I got into my dad's vehicle, I then realised, to my horror, that the film has not been placed properly and a single photo was not taken at all. O bother. Haiz.
Got to go already. Later days then.


[-THE.love*--] flows from your heart
at 7:24:00 AM

[-THE.dancer*--]
Name: Charlotte (English)
Location: Singapore
Religion: Catholic
Blogging since: Dec 2003

[-THE.friends*--]
Alicia Ang Alicia Ong Angela Beth Bizi Charlene Eunice Hari Nisaaini Rebecca Roy Shirlyn ShuZhen SiewChin Wileen YunShan

[-THE.thanks*--]
Blogger
Blogskins
Soup Faerie
Starlight
Mimisk8

[-THE.shop*--]
ShopLah!



Nv Sheng 女生 (FULL CD VERSION) - 黑Girl (Hey Girl)